Homemade acne and pimples treatment
Homemade acne treatments are natural, inexpensive and do not have the potentially harmful side effects that some medications have. Acne isn’t caused by dirt. In fact, scrubbing the skin too hard or cleansing with harsh soaps or chemicals irritates the skin and can make acne worse. Simple cleansing of the skin to remove excess oil and dead skin cells is all that’s required. Acne can vary from mild to severe and usually affects the skin of the face, back and chest. Causes of pimples and acne:
- Overproduction of oil (sebum)
- Irregular shedding of dead skin cells resulting in irritation of the hair follicles of your skin
- Hormones (hormonal changes during puberty, or monthly periods)
- Buildup of bacteria
- Environmental conditions
PRECAUTIONS AND REMEDIES:
- Wash your face twice a day with warm water and a mild soap or gentle pH balanced cleanser, then apply a moisturizer for acne prone type skin
- Eat a healthy, well balanced diet which includes fresh fruit and vegetables
- Drink eight glasses of water a day to flush the toxins from the body
- Exercise regularly to increase oxygen to the skin which can help to reduce acne
- A small drop of toothpaste in the form of paste could be applied on top of a pimple until dry.
- Avoid touching your face with your fingers and never pop pimples as this will only lead to swelling and scarring
- Honey is a wonderful pimple and acne fighter. It kills bacteria and leaves your skin clean and clear.
- If you’d like to know what’s best try applying raw papaya juice on your pimples and see the results.
- Shampoo hair more regularly and keep it out of your face to prevent oil and dirt from clogging the pores
- Shower after exercise and workouts because the sweat and the oils in the skin traps dirt and bacteria
- Always allow your pores to breath and do not wear makeup or anything to clog your pores. If you do wear makeup be sure to moisturize before applying and wash your face before you go to bed.
- Avoid wearing clothes that may irritate the skin if acne develops on your body
- Wear a sunscreen when you go outside
- Stop smoking as it worsens acne